Message from the Principal
July 27, 2020
Dear West Fresno Middle School Families,
Following the mandates of California’s State Superintendent of Public Instruction and Governor Newsom, WUSD is to begin school with 100% Distance Learning. Unfortunately, at this time West Fresno Middle School will be in a Distance Learning format until it is deemed safe for all students to return. We will begin and continue the school year with a 100% Distance Learning format until mandates are lifted. This is a difficult decision but it’s the best and most prudent decision for the safety and well-being of our children, staff, and community. Here are some important details that I highly encourage you to review. Please visit the WUSD and WFMS websites for school related information.
Orientation Week Monday, August 17 – Friday, August 21st
Click Here to access the Distance Learning Orientation schedule to find out when you and your child can come to campus to pick up a device and meet with their teachers in a safe and healthy way. Families and students will receive an individualized letter with this same information. At their appointment, students will take part in:
- Parent-Teacher Conferences will cover distance learning details, instruction, and contact information.
- Chromebook and Schedule Distribution: Students will pick up their Chromebook device and classroom schedule.
- Student Digital Instruction: Students will receive instruction from a staff member that will cover distance learning and use of WFMS Google applications designated for the classroom.
If you are unable to make your appointment, you will need to contact the office to reschedule.
Distance Learning Expectations
- Students will attend online classes daily
- Students will attend English, math, science, history, and PE classes
- Daily lessons will be delivered through Google Classroom and Google Meets
- Students will attend a reading class daily: Reading Plus or English 3D
- Period and daily attendance will be taken
- Packets will be provided and distributed weekly if student does not have internet access
- All work given to students will be submitted for a grade
- Teachers and administration personnel will provide feedback on student progress
- Meal distribution will continue throughout the school year for all eligible children 18 or younger. Students can pick up a free meal at the following locations: West Fresno Elementary, Washington Union High School, or American Union Elementary
I value your feedback and encourage you to contact me by email at email@example.com if you have any questions about the school’s plan for re-opening. Please note that by August 1st, staff and I will be in the office to answer any questions by phone at (559) 495-5607.Ivan Nunez
School Closure Information and Resources for Families
WUSD COVID-19 School Closure Updates
Click here for the latest School Closure Updates from the Washington Unified School District.
Aeries Parent Portal
Click here to access the Aeries Parent Portal
Social Emotional Resources
Click here to access WUSD’s social-emotional supports for students and families.
Online Educational Resources
Click here to find online educational lessons and activities for students.
Click here to access local resrouces available to families who live in Fresno County.
Distance Learning Resources for English Learners
Click here to find distance learning resources for English Learners.
Student Support Request
Click Here to Request Academic, Social-Emotional Support, or Tech support!