West Fresno Middle School – Home of the Eagles!
West Fresno Middle School is part of the Washington Unified School District. We are located in the heart of California’s Central San Joaquin Valley, at 2888 N. Ivy Ave., in Fresno, and serve about 300 students grades 6-8. West Fresno Middle School partners with West Fresno Elementary School (K-5) and our surrounding community.
Dear West Fresno Educational Center Parents/Guardians,
It is with pleasure that we welcome you and your family to West Fresno Educational Center (WFEC)! It is the desire of our dedicated staff to create and maintain an exemplary learning environment for your child. Our comprehensive educational program is designed to support your child so that he/she achieves at high levels, both academically and socially.
At the core of our program are 5 areas of focus that represent our commitment to your child and our community: 1) School Climate, 2) Curriculum, 3) Student Well-being, 4) Personnel, and 5) Community Partnerships.
- WFEC provides a well-maintained, healthy, nurturing environment that is emotionally and physically safe, as well as, supportive for all members of our school community.
- Everyone within this learning community treats one another with respect and consideration.
- Individual effort and achievement are recognized and celebrated regularly.
- Common Core State Standards curriculum reflects rigorous, 21st Century content and instructional strategies.
- Instructional practices are research-based and employed to meet the diverse needs of all students including targeted intervention students, English Learners, as well as our advanced challenge students
- Academic progress is regularly monitored through informal teacher observation, curriculum assessments, and standardized tests.
- WFEC strives to engage responsible, productive students of character who are capable of adapting to a changing, diverse, technological world.
- Students take ownership of their learning by working with their teachers to set personal academic goals and monitor their progress toward reaching those goals.
- At WFEC, we consider the basic needs of our students, as a method to reach optimal student learning and well-being for the student.
- WFEC staff are committed to the school’s mission statement and values.
- The staff works as a collaborative and dedicated professional learning community.
- The staff is open and committed to professional development and honing our craft to be the best we can for our students and the community we serve.
- WFEC encourages and provides opportunities that actively involve family and community members.
- Parent educational opportunities will be available to enhance student success both academically and social-emotionally.
- Parents and staff communicate in order to provide meaningful information that is timely and accurate.
We wish your child a most happy and successful school year and look forward to this journey with you.
WFMS Vision and Mission
To make learning experiences engaging and meaningful.
To ensure that students are exposed to critical academic skills and the qualities of good character necessary for their success in high school, college and future careers.
- Increase reading, writing, and problem solving skills.
- Foster student engagement through rigorous and relevant curriculum.
- Monitor student learning by continually evaluating assessment data.
- Promote great character through our PRIDE values.
- Create transparent procedures.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create a positive learning environment for our students.
- First impressions are everlasting; Good Character is 24 / 7 and we always glide with Eagle P.R.I.D.E. (Pride, Responsibility, Integrity, Discipline, and Etiquette) Bring it!